Today I went to visit my friend, Lyena, at the fish market. We know that fish is healthy to eat but we're afraid to buy it here. We can trust Lyena, though, as she won't sell us something that's spoiled. Lyena is so sweet and is so crazy-busy right now. She works long hours at the fish market and is very involved with helping out with the youth in the church.
We got TWO packages today! It was so exciting. The lady at the post office would only give me one of them because the slips had Leif's name on them. I told her to look at the packages, saying that the person who sent the packages probably put both names on there, but she wouldn't look. I somehow convinced her to give me one, but she wouldn't give me the other. She said that Leif had to come get it. Oh, brother. But actually it worked out well because I was on my way to the fish market and Leif went by there later, as he found an apartment for our soon-to-be teammates from Switzerland. And then it was easy for each of us to just carry one. The funniest thing is that both packages did have both of our names on them. Sometimes things just don't make much sense. ANYWAYS, Anneka got this fun ladybug outfit from my mom's friend, Judy. Isn't it cute? And these great boots that she had trouble walking in at first (SO funny).
And this is Anneka talking on the phone with her gramma. She's copying us more and more. She's also whining more and more. It's such a dilemna for me because I can't stand whining, but she also can't talk yet, and I know she's wanting to communicate... and of course, I want to acknowledge that. So we've been working a lot on sign language to try and curb the whining. Yikes.
5 comments:
She is SO adorable. Great pics!
What a cute little ladybug!! I love the cell phone pic. Kariya has just started "talking" on the phone like us.
We have a big problem with whining too, even though we've tried to discourage it since forever it seems. Do you have any of your magic-working tips for it? :)
I just found your blog from your comments on Kim Meekers. And I'm excited to hear you're in UU! I had no idea. And your Anneka is adorable!
you can find us at www.coefamilyadventures.blogspot.com
love the ladybug. that's what evie was last year and it was adorable. :)
what an adorable little girl!
Post a Comment