Tuesday, November 04, 2008

A Day to Celebrate!


The theme of the day was Psalm 107:22 "And let them offer sacrifices of thanksgiving, and tell of His deeds in songs of joy!" (ESV) There is a group of churches in Ulan-Ude that meet once a month to pray for the Republic of Buryatia and the people here and share ways that they have seen the church be a blessing, in particular for the Buryats. This group has decided that we should have a larger gathering of people from all the churches in the region twice a year, and it made sense to do one of these gatherings directly after the seminar that went on this last week. We personally took on a large role in helping to make sure that this day happened. It was great to have people from so many different churches gather together and sing sons of joy about God and all that He has done. I (Leif) was given the privelege of sharing about the theme of bringing God a sacrifice of thanksgiving and then members of many of the churches in Buryatia came and shared about what they have seen God do and what they are doing to show others our great God. We sang praises together and prayed together and then followed it all by sharing food together. I am so thankful for all the people that put time in to make this happen, and I am so happy that there are so many things to thank God for.

3 comments:

The Boggs Family said...

Wow, so incredible!!! Doesn't it blow your mind how amazing we (the Body) are united in Him?... from the pockets in our cities and regions, all across the globe?! I always get so fired up and encouraged when I read your updates and hear your hearts through your blog. We love what God is doing through you & love the missional heart you have, not just the lifestyle. You guys are amazing!!!! Our prayers are with you and we think of you often...

Anonymous said...

The Lord has a plan. He is giving wisdom in working His purposes. We Praise God for the blessings. Yes He answers prayers! GP & GM

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for His encouragements and your work. I love you and know God loves you even more and has you and your family in the palm of His hand.
Mama I