This girl, Lyra, has been coming to our church (and youth club and Bible study) faithfully ever since we met her through the day camps in the summer. It's so neat to see how excited she is to learn and she has lots of good questions about the Bible and about God. She gave Anneka this dress as a gift for her birthday! I thought that was so sweet. This week, I'll post a blog on all that's entailed in dressing Anneka to go outside.
Katia and Sasha were at church today (after their wedding yesterday)! There were so many other sweets at the wedding, that their wedding cake wasn't touched. So they brought their cake and leftover pizza and salad to church and we all ate it together afterwards. I usually think that Russian cake is very pretty and very icky-tasting, but this cake was the best I've ever had. Anneka slept through the whole service. We just parked her outside in her stroller. I know this seems mean, but she would've been too hot inside with all of her winter gear on and it's too noisy inside. She woke up refreshed and cheerful. And she got lots of "fresh air", which is very important here.
2 comments:
Yes, wasn't it nice to see Sasha and Katja so happy on Sundaymorning!!!
some call that child abuse, but whatever! lol. :o)
~Cheryl
Post a Comment