Sunday, November 09, 2008



Oh, what a funny daughter we have! I was in the kitchen doing the dishes after lunch, Jami was in the other room taking care of laundry and Anneka was playing in the hall going back and forth between us with her ever improving mobility. I heard her coming in the kitchen and turned to make sure that she was okay, and instantly called out to Jami to come see what our daughter was up to. In the minute or so that she was alone in the hallway, she had pulled down the hat box and found her hat which she put on all by herself. Of course in early acts of independence there are varying degrees of success. Her face was covered even more than it is in the picture. In fact, from my angle it looked like her face was completely covered. I think that she could hear my voice though, because she made her way toward me at a good pace. What really got me laughing though was that she veered just to the left of me and into the cupboard which sent her plopping back onto her backside. She is such a good sport though and didn't mind that her mama and papa were laughing at her. Actually, she began to laugh with us and really enjoyed herself immensely. The second picture is showing her with her new favorite toys. She just recently started playing with her magnetic monkeys, but she absolutely loves them (thanks Scott)! It really seems like she feels pretty when we strap them around her neck like a necklace too. It is so fun to see her develop and explore with such curiosity.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how Anneka reminds us of our curious, independent, fun little Jami baby! It is so neat to see
how you two so enjoy your adorable Anneka! Baba

Anonymous said...

What a joy! When god created the world He said "It is good!" I agree. I am so glad He gives us little girls and boys. Enjoy! GP & GM

DouloScott said...

Yea!!! I am glad the Anneka like her little fuzzy friends. ;-D

Darby:) said...

Anneka is getting so big and quite a cutie-pie with that smile and eyes! We think of you often and whish you a very happy holiday season. Stay warm!~The Wolfe Pack~