Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Time of Remembering


We had Shannon's family over for dinner last night. I'm so grateful that we got that time with them. They came after a long day of sorting through all of Shannon's belongings. I'm sure the process was not an easy one... and definitely exhausting. I find that it helps me in the grieving process to talk about Shannon with others. But it's hard to talk about her with people who don't know her! It was a gift to get that time with them.



Anneka has been talking about Shannon's brother, Matt, all day today. She enjoyed sitting on his lap to read a few books. Shannon's mom, Sharon, also read to Anneka. It's the key to Anneka's heart! Matt brought her a present (a cute little barn with letters, shapes, and animals that fit in different shaped holes). She loves it. Last night when Leif and I went into her room to look at her (we often do this because she's just so sweet), we found her asleep holding her new barn:





I've been CRAVING Cheerios in this pregnancy and look how many the Wengers brought me!!! I couldn't believe it. SO SO NICE. I had a bowl right after everyone left last night and a bowl for breakfast this morning. It was a little taste of heaven!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a blessing that you all got that special time together. I love the cute dress Anneka is wearing. Love, Grandmama Irene
PS Glad you enjoyed the getting ready for Christmas pictures.

This Is The Day said...

I'm so glad you were able to visit with them!

I totally meant to include cheerios in your box and forgot so I am SO happy you got some! It's so fun when God takes care of those little details!