Last night Heidi and Sharon came over to help me and Anneka make zillions and zillions of cookies for our neighborhood kids' Christmas outreach next week. We made sugar cookies and a few examples of how to frost them and then the kids will get to decorate their own. Three out of three of our cameras lost their battery power, so I was only able to get this and one other picture. I got the worst haircut of my life a couple of weeks ago, though, so I don't really mind not being in pictures for a few more weeks until it grows out and I can at least pull it back!! It's almost a mullet. It's bad.
John and Matthew went with Leif to a neighborhood table tennis tournament. It was geared to reach out to boys and their dads. Unfortunately, the dads didn't come (except for maybe one?), but the guys were ones that Leif has connected with through the sports court in the summer. And they had fun.
Shannon's family arrived today from the States. It was good to see them this morning and we look forward to having more time with them the next couple of days. Having them here is such a reminder that Shannon is really gone. It still seems unreal at times.
3 comments:
Must see the mullet!
Also, I am praying for your team and for Shannon's parents during this time.
how fun! i love your kitchen, its so cute! wish it were mine actually! are you feeling better sickness-wise yet?
I pray this time with Shannon's family will help both you and her family to find comfort in each other and our gracious Lord as you grieve for her and celebrate precious memories of her inspiring life. Love, Mama Irene PS Gotta love all the cooks. God bless you all.
Post a Comment