I still couldn't access our pictures, but the Kerins sent us a couple of pics from Thanksgiving. This was the group- all of our American teammates plus Renata (Canada) and a family in Ulan Ude- the husband is American and the wife Russian. She made bonnets for the three older girls. So cute! The kids all reinacted the pilgrims coming to Plymouth Rock and did a great job.
Our friend Lena came over last week and helped me chop apples for the pie and dice up things for the stuffing. The day before Thanksgiving she helped me for one hour (and then babysat Anneka while Leif and I went on a date) and I couldn't believe all that we got done! I took out the garbage and it only took me seven minutes! Usually when Leif is not home, this takes 40 minutes. I'm not kidding. I collect the garbage, bundle Anneka up, bundle myself up, we walk the LONG (cold!) way to the garbage bins, then we walk all the way back, up the stairs, and take all our stuff off.
We started a tradition this past year where we kept a special jar for things that we thank Jesus for. We started right after last Thanksgiving and have put our little slips of "thankful fors" in the jar throughout the year. It was fun to go through all of them this Thanksgiving and to remember all that God has done!
On Saturday, Leif and I shared at the new English school about Thanksgiving and the traditions behind it. The students were really interactive and it was fun to be there!
Last Thursday Leif got in a (minor) car accident while driving Inka's car!! He was working on visa-stuff for our future teammates. Thankfully, he had a Russian in the car with him which we think helped with the end result! He was driving on a street where cars ALWAYS drive in two lanes. (We never knew that it was supposedly a one lane!) He prepared to turn left (right after the car in front of him that was turning left) and the car in the right "lane" cut right in front of him. It was icy and he couldn't stop in time. Thankfully the damages were minor. The lady's husband was a traffic policeman. He came to the scene and Leif was able to pay them right there for their dent. Phew! But a reminder as to why we're still happy we don't have a car! Thankfully, Inka's car is okay, and she was really sweet about it!
4 comments:
Ahh, bummer about the car accident... glad it worked out ok in the end. ;) I love all the pics you post & can't believe how grown up Anneka is getting! Absolutely LOVE your idea of the thankful-for-jar! I'm going to have to snag that idea & tell Ken about it so we can begin a tradition like that too.... it seems like a double blessing; for one, to have something to drop in the jar that God has done, and then again, to have the joy to be reminded of His goodness over the year!! Great idea!! I have been thinking of you guys much -- are you coming home for Christmas? If you're staying there, do you have special traditions you do that are different than back in the states? Thankful for you & your updates & all God is doing in/through you!!! HUGS from Spokane!
I love the idea of the "thankful-for" jar! I think I might implement that! So glad you had a great Thanksgiving.
So I JUST NOW, saw your post about your pregnancy!!... how did I miss that?! (Thanks for the sweet comment on our blog & for mentioning it there - I actually knew you were pregnant but wasn't sure if you guys were telling people yet, so was staying quiet until you had made the announcement) ;) CONGRATULATIONS! All praise to Jesus for that sweet little life you have growing in you! Oh Friend, trust me, I am right there with ya & sympathizing with the nausea and sensitivity to smells/foods/ect. Eye-yi-yi! ;) We will be praying for your pregnancy & I, especially, will be praying you can experience relief from this stage soon. (On a bright note, I keep telling myself the nausea is a good indication all is going well with the baby's development and my body's response to the hormones) - but the gross feeling won't be missed when it finally passes, Lord willing! :) We are thinking of you guys & praying for you - and celebrating with you from afar for this new baby of yours! (we are super close in due dates I think! As in, may be a week or week and a half apart!) ;) Much love & big hugs!
P.S. By the way, we love that picture of the three of you that's part of your blog profile - waaaaaay cute!!!!!
You guys have such beautiful smiles I love your pictures. Praise God for protecting Leif, Inca's car, and your finances.
I love you all forever,
GrandMama Irene
Post a Comment