Sunday, August 09, 2009

Green Grass



A few nights ago we were sitting in our living room and Leif said, "Do you know what sounds nice right now? A lawn." I laughed and thought it was a cute thing to say, but then I really started thinking about it. If we had a lawn, Anneka could play on it and run around and we wouldn't have to worry about garbage or broken glass everywhere. If we had a lawn, we could sit out there in the evenings and enjoy the coolness that it brought to a hot day. We could play bocci ball or throw a frisbee. We could set up a sprinkler and run around in it as a family. And then I started really missing green grass! But then I realized that I was longing after grass, and this is really ridiculous... and can quickly plummet downward into thinking of all the things we don't have and could have if we lived somewhere else. Because the truth is that God has brought us here and there are many beautiful, wonderful things here. I want to be content in any circumstance- whether in plenty or in want, etc.

Leif left today for time of long meetings and berry picking with pastors and Christian workers in the area. He didn't know he was leaving today until this morning and he doesn't know how long he'll be gone! I hope he has a good time. I'll have to think of some fun and creative ways for Anneka and I to spend our time.

After church today we had the Kerins and John over for lunch. Rebecca's parents are visiting and it was really fun to get to meet them. A lot of our teammates have had family visit this year, which is really neat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

in plenty and in want....i can totally relate jami. praying for you as leif is away...let's skype! ;)

Anonymous said...

If you had our grass, you would still be yearning for soft, green grass. What we have is stumpy straw...and weeds. :) I sure miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Another great Blog! I love to hear from your heart!

Angela said...

Just read your FB post- let us know what is up when you can- we are praying for your spirit and sadness until then!