Thursday, August 06, 2009

It's Raining, It's Pouring


It's rained so much this summer. I have mixed feelings about it. These are the things I love:
* Everything is green
* It feels like it cleans the air
* It's cozy

Here are the things I don't love
* It makes summer feel shorter
* Laundry takes forever to dry
* It's harder to go outside and play

Yesterday Anneka and I were standing on on the balcony while it was dumping buckets outside. We watched this little boy run home and call his parents on the domaphone and they wouldn't let him in. He waited awhile and then started running away. Leif knows this little guy, so I shouted down to him to come over to our place. He heard my voice but didn't see where it was coming from and ran to find shelter somewhere else. I feel bad for this boy. He's so sweet and polite. He's ALWAYS outside and it makes us wonder about his home life. So sad.



Our little puddle-stomper from last week.

2 comments:

This Is The Day said...

Poor little boy! That is heartbreaking.

I love the picture of you and Anneka though. She looks cute and you look gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I'll pray for the boy. I expect it's the one we saw last week at the "park". I love that picture of you two in the rain last week. God bless you all, GrandMama Irene