Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Anneka Fun


Anneka and my new favorite game is Rock-A-Bye Baby. She gets herself situated on the center of a blanket. Then I gather up the corners and scoop her up... and then swing her back and forth and sing "Rock-a-bye baby..." to her. She thinks it's so delightful. Leif said that I now am playing with Anneka the games I used to play with my cat, since as a little girl I used to put the kitty in a sleeping bag and swing her around. But I assure you, it's different.


Leif tries to free up his schedule at least a 1/2 day a week so that he can have quality time with Anneka (and work on homework or office-type stuff while she sleeps) and I can run errands or get things done that are hard to do with a busy girl around. Today I visited a friend who works at the fish market and went out for coffee with Renata, our new teammate. It was lovely. I feel like this little chunk of time each week refreshes me (even if I'm "working") and really makes me appreciate my time with Anneka all the more. Today Leif printed off this Dora mask and Anneka colored it. This is a picture of Anneka interacting with Sasha. He comes over weekly to take a shower and wash his clothes. Anneka really likes him.

3 comments:

This Is The Day said...

Haha, you can tell by her eyes that she is loving that! That is great that Leif makes time for her! He is a good daddy. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you kids are all taking time to play together and get off on your own, too. Anneka is so blessed to have such loving folks. God bless you all. Love, GrandMama Irene

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the picture of her on the slide. Sooooo adorable. I wish we lived closer.... we miss you guys.

anita