Monday, May 25, 2009

Making Muffins



Anneka helped me make banana muffins today. She put all of the paper liners neatly into the cups all by herself. I only needed to show her how to do the first one.

Leif has put up Buryat vocabulary words all over the kitchen to help with learning them. You can see some of them on the wall here. But they're on food items, cupboards, the refrigerator, etc, etc. Today Anneka said her first Buryat word: "hoon" (milk)




After Anneka got all of the liners in there, she started crumpling and playing. Her mom was just taking too long in mixing the batter. It's hard for a toddler to sit still, you know.

That reminds me of a story from yesterday. When we got to church, one of the babushkas started telling me that children need to sit quietly and calmly in church, etc, etc. I was a little like "oh no" in my head because- while I agree that kids shouldn't be unruly and disruptive, how do you keep a 19 month old still for 1.5 hours?? Well, Anneka chose to sit behind us, right between this babushka and another lady. And she sat there very quietly for SO LONG. It was a miracle. Seriously. Then another little boy came and grabbed her face and she started crying and I had to take her out. But she almost made it through the whole service!




Eating our yummy muffins (and a sweet little "thank you")

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet sing song thank you! Does she still sign thank you with her cute waving hand?

This Is The Day said...

She just gets prettier and prettier! I love the "thank you"!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm. Banana muffins. I have some orange cranberry Krusteez downstairs... Maybe some baking? But I don't have a cute little helper. Unless Solomon counts. And he just helps eat them...
~Cheryl