Anneka just loves other kids. She chases after them, and most don't mind at all. This girl even held hands with her, to her delight. This picture was taken a few weeks ago but on any given day, she's talking with the kids (calling most of them "baby", even if they're nine) and squealing with joy. She's definitely a social butterfly. If we've been inside too long on any given day, she brings me her shoes as if to say, "I'm ready mom." And if I don't respond right away, she brings me my shoes, too. How can I say no when she makes it so easy for me? =)
Speaking of kids, there's a girl (about 12 or 13) who calls us on our domaphone each day (sometimes multiple times a day.) This is the phone connected to the outside lower door that rings for us to let visitors in. Leif and my mom met this girl through the neighborhood after-school club. Today she called and asked if we need a dog. I heard a little puppy whimpering in the background. Usually she wants to know exactly what Leif is doing or what Anneka is doing or how is Linda (my mom). I get frustrated because the domaphone is so loud and I don't want it to wake up Anneka. And this girl frequently will call during nap or bed time. And sometimes she even calls our neighbors, asking where Leif is. Anyways, I popped in at the club last Thursday and saw the girl there. She kept giving Anneka breakable things that I didn't want her to play with and I left SO annoyed. This girl definitely tries a person's patience. Anneka and I left and on the way home a song kept going through my head. It's from a CD I ordered for Anneka that has Bible verses put to music. Anyways, it went "let the little children come to me and do not forbid them for such is the kingdom of heaven". It hit me that I wasn't very kind to this girl at all. She's just hungering for love and attention and all I've given her is brief, annoyed responses. My heart changed at that moment. And today when she called, asking if I wanted a dog, I was able to laugh and ask her questions and let her be the one to end the conversation. I'm thankful that God's word is living and active. I pray that He makes me more and more into a person who shows His love.
3 comments:
Wow that is so wonderful. God is so good and gentle how He uses little things to teach us. I'd like to hear that song about the little children. Sounds like a good one.:)
So do you have a new dog? :)
Sounds like that was a good day.
~Cheryl
Oh, I love that story. Erin
Post a Comment