Thursday, May 07, 2009

Going For A Ride


Today Anneka and I were downtown and we walked by a little amusement park that's set up for kids when the weather is good. The lady who ran the ferris wheel convinced us to go for a little ride. Anneka was delighted and we got our picture taken. Afterwards, the lady invited us to ride on the flying airplanes while we waited for our picture. But the funny part is that she buckled Anneka in (only around her waste and it could hold two kids in there) and I was about to climb in behind Anneka and she said, "no, it's just for kids"... and then Anneka was off, flying by herself, up in the air. My little baby. She looked kind of perplexed and confused as to why she was up in the air and her mama was on the ground. Every time she looked like she was getting sad, I told her to push a little button on the steering wheel that played music. And then she was fine. So funny. It's a bummer because my camera's batteries ran out of juice so I couldn't capture the moment. I had the lady stop the ride a little early. I kept having vision of her climbing out of her seatbeat (totally possible) and flying in a different way. I was ready to jump in and catch her, if need be. Thankfully, our little flying daughter is as safe and happy as can be!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anneka is one brave baby! So cute too how she understands everything and was able to push the button and play music that helped her. Baba

Anonymous said...

What fun! You two are having some great adventures. And you both look so pretty! Love ya, Grandmama Irene

This Is The Day said...

I read this right before bed last night and then I had this scary dream that Kariya and I were on a HUGE rollar coaster and just sitting on a little seat with no buckles and I was trying to hang on to her and the seat and we were dangling in the air! Yikes. :P