Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Celebrating Six Wonderful Years Together!



We returned today after two days at Lake Baikal to celebrate our anniversary. It was our least relaxing anniversary ever, as Anneka was with us, but it was still a really fun trip. We brought Anneka's baby bed (she's helping her papa assemble it in the pic above), stroller, and two backpacks onto a van crammed with 14 other people and their belongings. I'm not kidding, it was at least 90 degrees in that van. And we were wearing our long underwear and heavy coats because prior to riding on public transportation, you have to stand in the cold. Such a dilemna. Anyways, about two hours into our ride to Biakal, I said to Leif, "We're never doing this again!", as Anneka was tired and cranky and sweaty and wiggly. But about thirty minutes after we arrived, I'd forgotten the suffering and it was delightful.



We wanted to rent skis, but the staff at the resort said that we needed a couple more centimeters of snow to be able to use them. So we went on a little walk to the lake. It was so windy and cold that we didn't last long at all! It was -20C, but with the strong wind, it felt much colder. Leif acted like a wind block for Anneka.



We'd expected more of the lake to be frozen, but only the edges were solid. In the surf, we could see huge chunks of ice crashing around.




The food at this place is really good. We had fish at three meals, and Anneka loved it. That's pretty much all she ate. The rest of the time she ran around the dining facility like a crazy girl (in her clunky red boots). We'd try to reel her in, but the ladies working would encourage her by taking her into the kitchen and letting her look at and touch what she wanted. So we let her have her hay day. Last night, Leif and I rented out the banya (sauna and pool) and Anneka slept sweetly on the covered porch in her stroller. Such a good baby.

I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful husband. Thank you, Lord, for giving us six wonderful years together!!

7 comments:

Amy said...

happy anniversary!!!!

kadie said...

Yay!! Happy Anniversary, my dear friends!! We love you!!

6 years already!! Time flies :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so blessed to have you Jami as a "daughter" and perfect partner for my wonderful son, Leif. The last picture of you two "girls" sure show how your eyes are both so beautiful. May God bless you with many more wonderful years together--Happy Anniversary!
Love, GrandMama Irene

DouloScott said...

Praise the Lord!!! I am so glad that your anniversary was a good one, even if it wasn't as relaxing as your others.

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary you guys! sounds like a memorable time!

This Is The Day said...

Happy Anniversary!! That looks like a fun vacation spot...but cold! I love the picture of you and Anneka...she is so beautiful...just like her Mommy!

I somehow missed the post about "Bill". That is hilarious!! :)

Anonymous said...

Aw. Happy anniversary (belated)! I hope you had fun times--it looked gorgeous at the lake.

Cheryl