I'm sad to say that this blog is a bit boring... because our decision is to let Anneka keep her hair. At first, I was totally gung-ho about the idea of shaving her (shiny-bald-shaving-her). I envisioned a fun party in the bathroom, with the camera and laughs and shaving cream all over. I was ready to shave her right away. But then Leif didn't think we should (which kind of surprised me), but then I started thinking about it and I started having my doubts. I think when you love someone and they have a view that's different that you... your view starts to change. For example, I hate pickles. Leif used to like pickles. But now that he's married to me, he thinks they're kind of gross now, too. Anyways, I started thinking about Anita's comment about sweet little baby girls not having prickly heads and my grandma's comment about how would I like to have a cold head and I just couldn't go through with it, you know? And we really don't think it works anyways. It just would've been a fun thing to do. Besides, I do like her wispy hair (thanks for the affirmation, Amy). And the kicker was that we got a package two days ago with little hair clips that work GREAT in Anneka's hair. So, that's our decision. Thanks for helping us to make it. Sorry it's not very exciting. But don't worry- we live in Siberia and will have other exciting stories to share!
Saturday, December 06, 2008
The Big Decision
I'm sad to say that this blog is a bit boring... because our decision is to let Anneka keep her hair. At first, I was totally gung-ho about the idea of shaving her (shiny-bald-shaving-her). I envisioned a fun party in the bathroom, with the camera and laughs and shaving cream all over. I was ready to shave her right away. But then Leif didn't think we should (which kind of surprised me), but then I started thinking about it and I started having my doubts. I think when you love someone and they have a view that's different that you... your view starts to change. For example, I hate pickles. Leif used to like pickles. But now that he's married to me, he thinks they're kind of gross now, too. Anyways, I started thinking about Anita's comment about sweet little baby girls not having prickly heads and my grandma's comment about how would I like to have a cold head and I just couldn't go through with it, you know? And we really don't think it works anyways. It just would've been a fun thing to do. Besides, I do like her wispy hair (thanks for the affirmation, Amy). And the kicker was that we got a package two days ago with little hair clips that work GREAT in Anneka's hair. So, that's our decision. Thanks for helping us to make it. Sorry it's not very exciting. But don't worry- we live in Siberia and will have other exciting stories to share!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
As long as you both feel good about it, it was the right decision! I LOVE the little clip! SO cute. :)
I better be a little more careful when I speak with confidence next time :-) It was fun to participate. Thanks for including us in your decision!
LOVE (& warm heads) to you ALL!
SO cute with a little clip in her hair! does she keep it there? or rip it out?
Post a Comment