We're starting a Bible study this week and so today we were looking at songs we could possibly sing in Russian that Leif could play. This reminded me of these pictures I had from a few weeks ago and I thought I'd post them. Sometimes we sing as a family. As you can see, Ike was trying to grab and play, too. If this picture had been taken today, he'd have pulled himself up to a standing position to grab.
The girls really like music, too. It's great to include them in praising God! I like it when they are cuddly, too. =)
There are lots of mamas around here. I found Anneka reading to her babies here. Speaking of reading, Anneka has been learning to read! We're not quite sure what to do, however, because apparently she is also being taught how to read in Russian at her school. We've heard that kids can take in phenomenal amounts of information in many different languages and it doesn't phase them. But with reading, it's best to do one language at a time so that it's not confusing. You can pray for wisdom to know what to do with this!
And here's another mama. She looks like a babushka in this picture, with her head covering. =) Ella likes to change her clothes multiple times a day. This isn't so great between having a washing machine that takes forever and sounds like an airplane and it being slow drying season for clothing. I have to sneak her clothes back into her drawer when she isn't looking.
Ella loves to be a mama to Ike, too. I love it when they make each other laugh!
3 comments:
Kids can learn two languages at the same time - all studies show that they are sometimes a little behind in Kindergarten, but by the time they get to 1st or second grade, they catch up and pass their peers. Might as well learn it all while it is easy for them!
Love the mamas and music,too. God be with you and with Anneka as she learns and grows with her exposure to Russian school and your influnces at home and church. Love you all, GrandMama Irene
Great pictures! K is also a changer. She goes through at least 5 outfits a day. That's amazing that Ike is already pulling up! I wonder if he'll be an early walker?
Post a Comment