Sunday, September 16, 2012

Meeting Neighbors




      Taking Anneka to school has created more times to be outside, and therefore, more opportunities to meet neighbors.  This is nice high school girl that we met a year ago.  I got to meet her mom a couple of weeks ago and we each invited each other to each other's homes.  She always greets us so warmly when we come outside!
     



     These neighborhood men sit outside and chat for long hours.   A courtyard wouldn't be complete without a group of babushki or dyedushki.




        On the same day, the girls fed the pigeons pieces of bread.  They both LOVE to chase the birds and make them fly up in the air!  This week I met a couple of really nice Buryat ladies outside.  They both have kids, too.  They invited me to sit with them and talk, but I was on my way to pick up Anneka.  I hope another opportunity arises!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jami your comunication skilla are wonderfu.! We love them all.G Pa.

Irene Gustafson said...

I agree with G Pa, it's so nice you can find so many wonderful folks to visit with and get to know. Love & hugs, GrandMama Irene