Wednesday, September 19, 2012

MK Friends



      There's a special relationship that our missionary kids have with one another, just by the commonality of being part of a "third culture" (not fully from their parents' home culture, and not fully from the culture here).  These friends are from Switzerland, and even though they don't yet have a common language (except for a few words), they still have love for each other!  I love that there are other girls on the team and that they are close to Anneka and Ella's ages!


   
     Leif really hit it off with their grandpa a few years ago.  When he comes to visit, they get together to talk and pray.



     Dressed like two sets of twins!  (I love how Ike is smiling in the background).  Ella is on the upper end of the growth charts and Anya (her polka-dotted friend) is on the lower end.  Anya is three months older than Ella but her hands and feet are the same size as Ike's (of course, his hands and feet are absolutely gigantic!)  As soon as you hear her talk or sing, though, it's obvious that she's older than Ella!  



And then there's Matty and Anneka.  Another boy on the team said that Anneka was a lot of fun to play with and that she's the type of person he'd want to marry someday.  She nonchalantly said, "yah, but I want to marry Matty".  They definitely are a cute pair... but probably they're more like brother and sister or cousins than like a future husband and wife.  =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww .... I think Matty and Anneka are a cute match :-). MK friends are such special gifts!
Holly,
Kyiv

This Is The Day said...

Cute pictures! That's so great that they have kids their own age on the team!

Irene Gustafson said...

Great pictures and fun to have friends, both for you guys as adults and for the kids. I got your note by the way-glad the package arrived. I'm having trouble with the speed on my computer so I didn't answer right away and it seems to take at least 5 minutes for each picture to down load. I'll see what's wrong in the morning. Love you all, Grand Mama Irene