Little Ella loves to sing and to dance. At church last Sunday, she sang out really loudly as the rest of us sang. I love to hear her sweet little voice. She also likes to bob her little body to music (or kick her little legs if she’s in the carrier). Leif and I were singing praise and worship songs the other day while Ella hung out under the table and sang along with us. When she was turned toward us, she stopped singing as soon as she saw the camera… so I had to catch her later unaware.
For the past 6 weeks or so, we’ve been really protecting our time spent with God. For Leif, we make sure he gets at least 90 minutes a day of uninterrupted prayer and Bible study time. And I have chosen to give God the first of the time when the girls are napping- instead of trying to quickly squeeze in little tasks first (and then one of the girls would undoubtedly wake up before I really got anywhere deep). Before we started protecting this time so fervently, it seemed like an impossible task, as each day is always so busy. But God is so faithful in providing the time we need. We’ve also been bringing more music into our home that helps to fix our minds and hearts on Jesus and we’ve been memorizing the book of Philippians together. We’ve seen God open up more doors to share about Him, too. We don’t want to forget that God is our Source and we are utterly dependent on Him. Without Him, we are nothing. We want to trust Him for big things and to have hearts that are sensitive to His voice.
And a sidenote: sorry about our unsightly table in the video clip. The tabletop is really gross, so I stapled some decorative plastic onto it… but the side where Anneka sits always gets pulled up, so then I just strapped duct tape all over her side. From the top it’s not visable. =)
2 comments:
Oh how Baba loves that sweet little songbird!
Your voices are so sweet. I agree about the importance and peace we get from giving God our firsts and making sure we spend time studying, worshiping, and praying with our Lord. May you continue to feel his abundant blessings.
Post a Comment