Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Super Dad and Berry Doctor



Anneka and Ella are so blessed to have Leif as their Papa! It's so cute to watch him playing with them or reading to them. This week I went on a women's retreat for a couple of days (Ella was with me) and Leif worked really hard earlier in the week to clear his schedule for some special times with Anneka. They slept in the living room in sleeping bags and roasted marshmallows (thanks to my aunt and uncle sending them) over a candle in the living room. I love that Leif enjoys our girls and they they enjoy him!



Life can get really busy here, but we guard a date every week, a rest day, and a family night. This past week we made gingerbread cookies together and then read the story about the gingerbread man. We had molasses stashed from our last trip to Mongolia.



We take turns getting up with the girls when they wake up early, but Leif takes more turns than me. =) I really appreciate this, as Ella still likes to wake up at night.



Ella loves to climb on Leif, and is content for a long time on his back. On this day, Leif was working (or trying to!) on his homework for his team leader course (or maybe he was translating his talk for church into Russian). Ella had just discovered that she could bang hard objects on his head, and Anneka was delighted to climb on him, too. I try to protect Leif so that he can get things done, but I'm not always successful, as our apartment is small, and they are both mobile girls now. Thankfully Leif is gracious. =)


And this last picture is morse. Morse is a juice made from berries. Our landlords often give us these orange berries that I think are called sea berries in English. I am sorry to say that I don't like them and they stress me out because I don't know what to do with them and I don't want to waste them. (they're orange and extremely sour). I told Leif that I wanted to throw them away, but he told me he'd make morse from them. And he did. And then Anneka got to stir. What a guy! =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear of you again :-) Be blessed. You are a very precious family!!

Inka in Ulan-Ude said...

Yes, what a guy!!! I love everyone of your family!!!

Anonymous said...

God blessed me with a wonderful thoughtful son. I got to have him the first 18+ years, and now you and the girls get to be blessed by him. I'm so glad that you take such wonderful pics of him and the girls. He's also blessed to have you for a wife and the girls to have you for a mom, Jami. Love you so much, Mama Irene