Saturday, February 05, 2011

Neighbors



While the Brubachers are in Canada, Sasha and Katia and their two kids, Angelina(18 months) and Rastoslav (3 months) are living next door. I really like Katia (I like them all, of course!), and she's so patient with me and my Russian. It's good practice to talk with her and I learn all sorts of new "mom words"... like what a baby walker is called, etc. Yesterday it was all the way up to 12F! Katia called and asked if I wanted to go outside. It was sunny and felt so good to be out!



Ella loved being outside. She conked out right away in the baby carrier. And Anneka enjoyed playing and interacting with two girls who were out there. Here she is in the little playhouse. Sometmes there are a lot of broken beer bottles and garbage inside, but yesterday it was pretty clean.



Once when the guys had their weekly meeting, us girls got together, too. The following weeks everyone was sick. But we may resume this again soon now that we're better! I miss the Brubachers, but I'm thankful for this time to get to know Katia and her family better and to grow in these ways (language, culture)!

A side note: Anneka wants to have a baby boy and name him Rastoslav someday. I told her she'll have to run it by her husband.

3 comments:

This Is The Day said...

So glad you have good mom friends to keep you company! And I'm glad that it is warming up a little! How do you get Ella in the front pack when she is bundled so thickly?? I can barely get my babies in when they are wearing just a few things!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful you all look in these pics. Hopefully the fresh air will help you all heal. You are so friendly and it's wonderful Jami for you to develop good friendships there. Love ya, Mama Irene

Anonymous said...

I think it's so fun that Anneka wants to name a boy Rastoslav someday! : ) Yes, she'll have to run it by her husband.
--Erin W