Our friends from Switzerland have a little girl who's five and a baby who's 3 months older than Ella. It's neat to think of these girls developing friendships with each other through the years! Right now Lina speaks Swiss German and Russian and Anneka only speaks English, so it's a bit challenging for them to play together. But tomorrow Anneka will start preschool two days a week and hopefully that'll help with her Russian! Leif and I checked it out today and it seems really ideal for our situation... just what we're looking for. It's close by. There are only 5 or 6 kids there now, all about Anneka's age. It's just three hours in the morning. Different specialists come in (music teacher, dance teacher, storyteller, exercise leader, etc). And it isn't expensive. I'm hoping to get to know other parents through this preschool, too. Today I told Anneka all about the school and that we'd go tomorrow and I'd stay with her the whole time. She was very excited to go but very adamant that I don't stay with her the whole time. We'll see if she changes her tune tomorrow, but she's such a funny little independent girl!
And here are the two babies eating their porridge. Elianne and Ella. Similar names. Both so cute.
1 comment:
How fun! Love the pics, and the school sounds like a great idea.
Love ya, GrandMama Irene
Post a Comment