On Tuesdays, Leif gets together with the men from our church to share what God has been teaching them from the Bible, pray with one another, and to encourage one another. Anneka asks almost every day "is it Tuesday today?" She likes Tuesdays because I let her fall asleep in "Mama and Papa's bed". (Leif moves her when he gets home.) Here we were hanging out on a Tuesday night. Leif's had some late ones lately!
Yesterday on the way to the store, I let Anneka wear her snowpants out with nothing on underneath. I told her that it was our secret. She gets SO SWEATY in all of her outdoor clothes and it's not THAT cold yet. It's snowing today, but it's just below freezing. She thought it was wildly funny and wonderful to not have any pants on underneath her snowpants. She laughed and laughed and told me that she was "going to tell them" at the store. But she never did. =)
Speaking of the store, our new neighbor, Martina (from Canada) posted a great blog about going to the store. I can't believe I haven't even talked about our new neighbors yet!! I will more soon. =) Anyways, if you want to check it out, you can click HERE. If you want to picture me carrying the groceries remember to add a baby strapped to my front.
This is what our bathroom sink has looked like for weeks... but our landlord fixed it this week! And I bought step stools for Anneka. Whew!
Anneka loves playing kitchen and pretending to make pancakes, cookies, pizza, etc. The other evening she asked Leif to make cupcakes with her, and he decided they should make something real together in the real kitchen. They made popovers in her cute little muffin tin. The last couple of days Leif has been at a conference and Anneka and I have made pizza and cookies. She's a good and happy helper.
The speaker at the conference has been a leading theologian from the slavic world. He's talked about a lot of crucial issues for the church as it interacts with culture and society and has challenged people every day. Leif has come home in the evenings with a full mind. I'm amazed at how much he understands in Russian! It's been nice for him to share everything with me in English. =)
2 comments:
What fun pictures of the girls. Anneka has such a wonderful sense of hummor and I'm so thankful she's enjoying time with you both. God bless you. I've got things ready to seal and pack on the 2nd box. Hopefully it'll start traveling Monday. Love you all, Grand Mama
Post a Comment