Last weekend we got invited to one of the other churches in town for a family game day for families with little kids. Jami stayed home to concentrate on taking care of Ella with her lack of eating. She seems to be making progress, but still isn't eating the way we would like. Anyhow, Anneka and I represented team "Gustafson" at the games. There were a dozen or so stations that each family went through, and at each station we had to read and learn a verse that dealt with the theme of love. The way it worked it wouldn't have been too difficult if it had been in English, but Anneka seems to have lost her Russian speaking ability while we were in the states and I'm still not the best Russian speaker either. We know Anneka will pick up Russian quickly, but that didn't make saying these verses any easier this time. As we shared the verse, we were supposed to do some sort of game such as throwing balls into a bucket, jumping rope, hoola-hooping, etc. Anneka had a bit of trouble with jumping rope by herself so I decided to put her on my back and have a go at it together with her (see pic. above). With the hoola-hoop, I was no help AT ALL! I never have been able to figure that one out.They even scored us on all of the games and on how well we memorized the verses. Let's just say that this was one of those times where we talk about how winning and losing doesn't matter as long as you're having fun :). I'm glad others got to enjoy the prizes though, and we did get a candy bar for participating, so we were both happy with that, and so was Jami who got a little bit from both Anneka and I.
2 comments:
You are WINNERS no matter what! Baba
Great pictures and fun! If they do this again next year they better watch out--Anneka will have her language down and with Jami you all can practice and get good (I'm sure she hula hoops). And of course Ella will have her lovely smile which will charm everyone! Love you all.
Post a Comment