Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Birthday At The Banya



On Saturday we got to celebrate John's birthday with his family at the banya. It was so fun, and we felt honored that they invited us! I thought I'd taken a good picture of John and Sharon that day, but I can't find it now!



A banya is a bath house where there's steam and a sauna (and sometimes a pool) for getting nice and clean. Normally the sauna is too hot and the pool too cold for kids, but this pool was a perfect temperature and both girls really enjoyed it. Of course, anything with Heidi is 10x more fun!!




This picture is steamy, but I think it's cute of Leif with his girls in his banya hat. We got John a banya hat for his birthday, so now he can be stylish like Leif.



It was SO CUTE how Ella loved splashing the water with her little hand. There's a lap pool not far from our apartment, but I heard that it's cold. I wish there were a pool for the kids to play in close by. It's such a fun thing to do... especially as it's too cold to play outside. We were thankful for this fun day!

3 comments:

This Is The Day said...

That looks fun! I bet it is nice to get all warm in your freezing temperatures! Cute pictures!

Anonymous said...

So glad that you could celebrate John's birthday with such a nice family at the banya. We sure did enjoy going to the banya when we were with you in Russia. Baba

Anonymous said...

I agree with Baba, I also really enjoyed going to the banya with you and am so happy you got to go with such a wonderful family. God bless you all. Mama Irene