Saturday, June 05, 2010

Coeur d'Alene Lake



One of my favorite places in the world is my grandparents' lake house on Lake Coeur d'Alene in Idaho. I love being with family. I love the beauty of the lake and trees. I love how peaceful it is out there. And I have so many great memories from my childhood from being out there. We've already been able to be out at the lake a couple of times (trying to cram it in before baby Ella comes!)
Our first time out there was with my grandparents and then just Leif, Anneka, and me. The second time my aunt and uncle, our cousin Nora, my grandparents, and my mom were out there, too (my Dad had a ceramics/fishing class that week in Montana... what are the chances of finding a class like that?!?!).



Nora was SO GREAT with Anneka, and Anneka LOVED her! Nora played with her pretty much the whole time, which was really nice to see Anneka so happy and was more relaxing for us!



My aunt Judy gave Anneka doll clothes that my grandma Violet made when Judy and her sister, Sherrie were little girls. Here my mom, Nora, and Anneka were playing with them. It's so special to have these clothes!




The family cleaned up the beach from winter (while I napped!) and later that evening we burned all of the driftwood, etc, and roasted marshmallows for s'mores.



Anneka went around and gave everyone hugs and kisses before bed. Here she is with "Grandpa Great".




And with Grandma Great.




The first night Nora let Anneka sleep with her. Anneka was so happy. In the morning, Anneka was totally perpendicular to Nora and was kicking her. So the next night she slept in a toddler bed next to Nora. =)

While we were at the lake we were able to visit a church that supports us. We'll go back later this summer to share more with them, but it was good to make the connection.

It's so nice to have these times!

3 comments:

Inka in Ulan-Ude said...

Great pictures!! Anneka looks already 10cm taler...
I slept in my new house already twice and it was so great just to be able to go outside early in the morning. Can't wait to move in :-)

Anonymous said...

It's fun to see your pictures of the Lake. So cute to see her playing with Nora. I'm glad you are getting time to spend with family and the supporting churches. Grandmama Irene

Kara said...

It warms my heart to hear of your connecting across the generations and deepening those bonds. And I'm happy to hear you're choosing our favorite girl name! Someday she'll have to meet our Ella.