We've been really enjoying Anneka at this age. She's so creative and funny and loves to play, play, play... and it's really cute to both watch her and to play with her. She's also a big helper. I find that I'm getting more creative in finding all sorts of ways for her to help. Tonight she was the official sprinkler of cheese for the lasagna. She also helped me chop onions (she pretended on an onion with her play plastic knife) and roll out dough (I was multi-tasking 2 dinners... one for today and one for tomorrow). After flour got all over the floor, she helped me mop. Of course, after the cheese sprinkling I'll need her help again with the floor. =)
Anneka lately has been VERY into play-dough, drawing with markers, and painting with watercolors. She is always asking to draw or paint or "play play-dough, Mama". Today we had Lena watch her in the morning while I went to get my blood drawn, and Anneka cried until I affirmed her that Lena could paint with her.
As you'll notice in the picture, she doesn't have any pants on. She's taken 2 steps back with potty training since Egypt. On the way to Egypt (even with all of the travel) she didn't have a single accident... sometimes this meant rushing to the airport bathroom even after boarding, etc. But she did so great! Now she's having a couple of accidents a day. Oh, well. I should probably bribe her with treats again. She's a sucker for treats.
Leif and Anneka making faces at me while I was in the living room.
I love these guys!!
Katia knitted me this sweater. Isn't that so sweet!? I couldn't believe that she would take all of that time and effort to do that. I love it.
Well, I wanted to write more meaningful stuff, too, but Anneka is running around with markers and I can't focus and should probably get off and write again soon. =)
2 comments:
Those kinds of gifts (like Katya's) make me want to cry -- isn't it amazing? How special that she would put all that effort into a gift for you!
I also LOVE the faces in the windows -- scrunchy on the glass.
Wow, I am very impressed with that sweater! After knitting a simple washcloth I know how long that must have taken!
I love your baby bump! SO cute!
K had a few setbacks in the potty training area too. It seems like any break in routine and they revert back. I'm sure Anneka will be back on track in no time!
Post a Comment