I know I'm posting a lot of Egypt pictures, but WHY NOT?! Last night Leif and I went on a date (half because we wanted time together and half because Anneka has been talking about Heidi for days and really wanted time with her), and on the way back from the bus stop, the wind was SO FIERCE, it was hard to even breath! I walked backwards for awhile and then we sort of ran, and then we ducked into the nearest store to buy ice cream (pregnancy craving) for a little shelter. I was thinking about what a DIFFERENT world we're in from two weeks ago!
Notice how white we all are. A Russian lady at the resort kept telling me that I'd look better if I got a tan. But I didn't want to risk getting a BURN, and it's not like we were coming home to show it off. We're covered from head to toe. Besides, I read that sunburn is a lot more dangerous when you're pregnant. So I'm still white. And full of vitamin B.
The resort had all-inclusive meals, which was WONDERFUL! Anneka loved the assortment, and every morning, she ate at least 2 or 3 boiled eggs along with the fruit, yogurt, pastries, etc. This picture shows a little pizza place (also with Greek and fruit salads, beverages, and ice cream) on the beach. A lot of us with kids would go there around 5:00 and fill up the kids because the other dining hall opened at 7:00 and they were so crazy-tired then, that they wouldn't eat. Of course, we still ate at the other place, too. =) We were never hungry.
Two of the ladies that serve as missionaries in Ukraine came to Egypt to watch the kids in the mornings while we had our conference. They had really fun ideas for the kids and incorporated stories of Moses and the Israelites at the Red Sea as they stood right in front of the water. Anneka talked about the "big kids" and the little kids" and was happy to play with both. Because of jet lag, she took 3 hour naps in the morning (instead of after lunch), but I was so happy because that meant we got to play with her on the beach during our free time. It worked out perfectly! I love how God gives extra gifts that we wouldn't even imagine.
Little Nathan (4) was very good at directing the adults and other kids to create what he wanted in the sand. This day, it was a big hole. (The teenagers made some AMAZING sand creations!!) We loved the time with the other families.
We went into the city of Hurghada one night and bought Anneka this little Egyptian shirt and headpiece. Inka got this great dress.

This picture isn't very good, but it proves that we DID in fact have a conference. Leif worked with the teens to create a fun power point presentation as people were arriving one day on how missionary kids are automatically trained for various jobs in the world through their experiences.
As we flew back to Moscow and got out Anneka's snow clothes, I was a little concerned that she may be sad about wearing them now that she knew that Egypt existed. But she giggled with glee at her snowpants and hats as though they were old friends.
And I have to say that I left feeling refreshed and happy to come back, too. I was reminded all the more at God's goodness in bringing us here to Siberia and about all of the people here that He so dearly loves. He wants them to know Him, and I want that, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment