We had Leif's old teacher (and mine, too) and her grand daughter over for lunch yesterday. They're so nice. We always enjoy time with them. And Anneka loved that they would draw pictures in her little notebook. After they left she kept showing me the pictures that Olya drew, saying her name. I had to snap a picture of them in their warm coats. I think they look so cute all bundled up. Today it was -44F!! It keeps getting colder and colder!

Inka took this picture of Anneka a couple of weeks ago. She's wearing Heidi's hat and mittens and Inka's boots. She loves wearing other people's clothes!
This morning Leif and I went on a little date. We had an appointment at a doctor's office so that I could get a note for traveling. (We'll be going somewhere warm and wonderful for a conference in a few days!) I don't know if they're harmful or not, but the metal detectors that work like X-ray machines kind of freak me out. On two levels: one (and the biggest reason), I don't want to do anything that would harm our baby and two, it's kind of disconcerting to have everyone in a nearby vicinity be able to look at the screen and see every part of your body on a screen. Anyways, I wanted a doctors note so that I could be hand checked at the airport. While we were there, they said we couldn't get a note unless I had an ultrasound. I wasn't really prepared and I really wanted Inka to be with us for the ultrasound, but we went ahead and did it. It's so amazing to see the baby moving and to look at all of the parts of it's little body and to watch and hear the heart beating! It looks like everything is good with the little one. She said something about my placenta being low or something, but she didn't seem too concerned, so I'm not going to be. It's still too early to tell if it's a boy or a girl. She wants us to come back for a second ultrasound in seven weeks, so as long as our doctor in the States thinks it's a good idea, we'll get to go again and take Inka this time!! =) It was a private clinic, so we had to pay a whopping $20 for the ultrasound instead of what we paid for Anneka's ultrasound ($4.65) at a government women's hospital. But the place was really nice and clean and there were NO LINES. I figure it's like paying a co-pay in the States. =) It was so fun to go out with Leif afterward and talk about our baby and how exciting it is! What a blessing!
3 comments:
I'm so glad you got to go on a date. It's nice to know the little one is developing well. I remember meeting and dining with your teacher and her daughter, what lovely folks. God bless you all, Love, Mama(grand) Irene
How fun! I love to see them on the ultrasound...it makes it more real. :) I'm glad you get to go somewhere warm for a few days. That cold just sounds too miserable!
THat is so wonderful about the baby. I love the way you share your thoughts about the ultrasound. THat's so amazing. Your little darling looks so cute in all those warm clothes.
Post a Comment