Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt




















Anneka knew immediately what to do for the egg hunt like an old pro! We were all amazed. We hid chocolate eggs as well as "resurrection eggs" that we opened after the hunt and reflected on Jesus' life, death, and resurrection.

Don't look too closely at the windowsill dirt. I spent two hours JUST cleaning windows before my parents came (several buckets of dirty black water) but it's impossible to clean them completely. Our theory is that it's really dusty here because there are no lawns. And speaking of grass, now is the season for burning any and every piece of grass/field/bushes. The air has been thick with smoke and it's black everywhere where the fields have all burned. I'd forgotten this about April. It'll be nice when the burning is done!




Anneka loves wearing all different types and sizes of clothing. Here she is in Leif's shirt.


And here she is in my mom's pants. I'm not exactly sure of the story but I found this picture on her camera. I wonder what else goes on when Leif and I aren't looking!





And this is my new favorite dog in our neighborhood (sorry, Muffy!). It's a mangy poodle that runs around all of the time. Anneka likes her, too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello gye's do you have any contacs?
I'm header of new web site about Buryatia. Adress is buryatia.info
it's like social network.
Do you wanna guys participate to us?
May we have some interview? because its really interesting for people who live here, I mean in Ulan-Ude.

Please write me your answer to contacs@buryatia.info

In any language you prefer ;)
bb!

Anonymous said...

Keep the faboulous pictures and stories coming! God bless you all, Love ya, GrandMama Irene

This Is The Day said...

It looks like you are having so much fun with your parents! That is a great pic of the three generations in your aprons! I love it!