Sunday, April 19, 2009

He Is Risen Indeed!


Happy Easter! It was such a gift to have my parents here to celebrate Easter with us. In Russia, we celebrate on the orthodox calendar, which is a week later than in the States this year. Yesterday, Mom, Anneka and I dyed eggs together. It was a lot of fun. My mom made these matching aprons as a gift for Anneka on her 1/2 birthday. I love them!!






This year our little church joined with it's "mother" church (the one we sprouted from) for the morning service and then we joined up again at our little church for a potluck at three. The day was full of music, praise, and celebrating that Jesus is risen!



Anneka did SO well sitting through a long morning church service. She slept through most of the potluck in her stroller outside and when she awoke she was ready to eat lots of bologna. It's her favorite food recently.

Yesterday Leif and my dad visited a local artist and his studio. They really enjoyed the day. I don't have any of their pictures yet. Right now Leif is playing games with people from church. When he gets home we'll have an egg hunt for Anneka... and we'll hopefully have more pictures tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful aprons, Baba is so talented and you all look so pretty. I'm so glad you got to do Easter together and you continue to have such great memories. It was lovely to talk to you 3 today. God bless you, GrandMama Irene