Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring




Spring officially starts on March 1st here. Everyone talks about it being spring and says "Happy Spring!", but it's all a deception. I went outside without long underwear one day- big mistake. I froze. But we have the hopes of "spring" coming soon, as the temperatures have almost reached the freezing mark on a few occasions (and areas in the sunshine have even melted a bit). My grandparents sent this comic and the funny thing is that it doesn't seem funny. It seems real. It IS real. haha.

My three least favorite parts of the day:
* a man's beer exploding all over Anneka and me (and others, too) while riding on public transportation
* dog poop everywhere on the ground where the sun has melted the ice
* STILL not getting our exit visas to go to Mongolia (we were hoping to go last week).

My three favorite parts of the day:
* getting to talk to my grandparents on the phone and then getting a package from them later in the day!!
* having a lovely borsch lunch with our favorite neighbors
* really wanting to buy a "spring" hat for Anneka but not feeling justified because she already has a hat... I prayed about what to do and then the lady at the market gave her one for FREE!!

5 comments:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

praying for those visas to come through, and for warmer weather! :)

This Is The Day said...

Haha, I like the cartoon! I bet that does seem more real than funny to you!

Anonymous said...

I love you and too am praying for visas and more blessings than trials. God be with you. Love, GrandMama Irene

Elaine Ray said...

Oh praise God that is so encouraging about getting the Spring hat for free.

Anonymous said...

PS. I just noticed that your blog profile lists you as being in "Accounting." Very funny, for some odd reason. :)
~Cheryl