Monday, March 09, 2009

The Water Scooper



The water scooper at church grosses me out. People will get up in the middle of the service and dip it into the water basin (pictured below) and then drink out of the scooper. This in and of itself wouldn't be so gross EXCEPT that the water scooper travels. Sometimes it's hanging, sometimes it's on the dirty counter, sometimes it's resting on top of the water basin (which is dirty), sometimes it accidently gets dropped onto the floor, and sometimes it falls inside of the water basin. This last option is actually the one that grosses me out the most. People go and use the outhouse and then they hold the water scooper (often to fill up the little spout in the sink to wash their hands) and then if the scooper falls into the basin then the germs from the handle go inside, too. And infect all of the water. Once, I caught a girl holding the water scooper out to give Anneka a drink. She was centimeters away from her mouth when I pulled out her sippy cup and said, "Oh, thanks, but no need. She has water here." Phew! That was a close one!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

After your description I will never be able to drink that water again ... That IS gross!!! I have never thought about that ...

I AM looking forward to see you on Thursday. I am NOT looking forward to the traveling.

Elisabeth

Elaine Ray said...

THat looks like so much fun.

Angela said...

You and I are definitely kindred spirits, Jami. Except you survive in cold far more optimistically than I do!

Elaine Ray said...

I don't know why my comment ended up under the water scooper. It was supposed to be for another entry. Oh well. I don't think the water scooper sounds like fun.

Anonymous said...

It's fun. But you must know "The Water Scoopers" is used every where, every village in Burytia. And we have a purest water in the world. We like drink water from the tap because is pure, without using special water filters.