Wednesday, March 11, 2009

use number 132 for a tire!

Okay, so I (Leif) am not really sure what the first 131 uses for a tire are, but if you gave me some time I'm sure I could come up with well over 132 uses. This weekend we used them in a whole new way.
The youth from church decided that we should go out of the city to have some fun in the snow now that it is "spring" (the temperatures acually have edged to almost freezing on a couple of days for the first time in months :)). And as youth round the world always like to have a little thrill, we decided to pull people behind a van through the snow. The thing is that we didn't have any inner-tubes or good sleds for doing this so we used some tires that the pastor had available. To be perfectly honest, this isn't the stranges thing that I've been pulled behind a vehicle on. I remember one time as kids the extended family was together and we cousins talked an uncle into pulling us behind his truck. Then we had five of us. Two were on an innertube, two on a tobogan, and one on a snow shovel. Still, this last weekend was the first time to be pulled on a tire. All in all it went really well. The only problem was that it was probably the coldest day of the week and the wind was blowing the snow around a bit. You can see below how the blowing snow stuck to our faces after taking a round on the tires.

Tying the tires on.


Taking off for the first round.


The snow kicked up the most going in this direction.


Here I am, happy and ready for some hot cocoa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great way to have fun in a day like that have a nice day those tires by the way are great alternative for a sleigh

This Is The Day said...

Wow, that looks so cold and you look like Father Frost with your icy eyebrows, Leif! :)