The Wickers came one night this week to make sushi. Well, they're actually more like California rolls, but it sounds more fun to say "sushi". In the peak of winter, it's fun to do things like theme dinners.
Anneka is not pictured because she was crabby and we put her to bed. But she had a cute little Asian dress on with eye liner. Yes, we ALL wore eyeliner (even the guys).
I made a Japanese salad and then thought, what could I make for dessert? We had some cookie dough in the refrigerator, so I baked it into a pie plate, covered it in chocolate and then had Leif draw the Japanese symbol for "God" on top with white chocolate. It wasn't at all Japanese, but it looked festive anyways!
On Wednesday, Leif and I were cleaning the apartment before a bunch of people came over for a Bible study. We were laughing because when my parents clean their house before their Bible study, my Dad always jokes that he's cleaning the bathtub in case someone wants to take a bath. Of course, no one ever takes a bath at my parents' house when they come for Bible study. But Leif was cleaning our shower because people most likely WOULD shower at our place (and they did). Just a little difference in culture.
3 comments:
How fun having a theme party. We missed our theme party this year as Claudia said we need Jami and Leif here to plan a theme party. That is so funny about the bath tub! This started years ago when dad asked how he could help and I said, "You could clean the bathroom." So..when we come to visit he can have that job and he won't respond with "as if someone will be taking a bath". It is a blessing how you can provide a warm shower (sometimes) for friends that do not have water.
I find your life so amazing! You are in Siberia and yet are having such a wonderful time. I am so glad that your life has been so full of wonderful things. Your family is adorable.
oh so funny about the showering!! :) that japanese character is the same as God in chinese :)
love, gina
Post a Comment