Sunday, February 15, 2009

Quadruple Date



Happy Valentine's Day! On Thursday, Leif and I celebrated together. He took Anneka for most of the day and I had a lovely time with Jesus at the nicest coffee shop in town. When I got home, Leif had made a wonderful pasta dinner with heart-shaped red peppers on top and chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese icing (also with hearts on top). On Valentine's Day morning, he made me heart-shaped pancakes with strawberries. Mmmmm! I have the best husband in the world!! Last night we went on a quadruple date with three other couples from our team. The restaurant was really nice and the food was delicious. We played a couples game where we answered questions about our spouse. Leif and I won! After dinner everyone came back here and we played the game Cranium (the guys barely won with two super-easy questions at the end).

We awoke this morning to Anneka barking like a seal. She sounded so awful and was breathing rapidly. I called my sweet aunt (a nurse), read about croup online, and got some steam going in the bathroom. I was contemplating taking her outside (cold air is supposed to help), but when I looked at our thermometer, it was below the -40 mark! (-40 is where Fahrenheit and Centigrade meet, by the way). So we opted to stay indoors. She's been her normal active self today and seems happy. It's so sad when she gets sick! I just want to do everything to make it better- and fast! Nighttime is supposed to be the worst time for croup so we'll keep our eyes (and ears) out for her tonight. We're praying and anticipate that she'll be well soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Valentine's Day sounds like it was wonderful!!! I will be praying for little Anneka. Poor girl!

Anonymous said...

Yes, you have such a nice husband!!! I will pray for Anneka, that sounds so bad.
Love you
Inka

DouloScott said...

Praying for Anneka, I'm glad that you both enjoyed you V-Day!!!

Anonymous said...

sounds quite romantic! sorry to here about anneka being sick, we'll be praying for her...and you guys! :)