Monday, February 23, 2009

Monkeys and Happy New Year (again)




Anneka loves playing with her monkeys and making monkey noises. She likes it when I swaddle her animals and tell her that I used to do that with her when she was a teeny tiny baby. And she likes to pull her monkey on her sled.

Today is the most important Buryat holiday- Saagalgan. It is a new year celebration (after the January 1st new year and the January 14th old new year) that signifies the coming of spring. I'll write more about it this week, as we'll be celebrating on Saturday.

I probably shouldn't be blogging now because I'm multi-tasking a little too much. I always try and cram as much as I can into Anneka's nap time- today it's making pizzas for tonight's Bible study, making lunch for Leif and his friend, cleaning, doing a language lesson, and now I'm chatting with a couple of friends over skype while writing this... and I hear her starting to stir. Anyways, I'll tell you more about Saagalgan later this week.

2 comments:

DouloScott said...

What a cute little monkey (and the stuffed animal is not bad either)!!!

Anonymous said...

How CUTE! And I totally hear you on the nap-time multitasking, but wow, that list indicated some serious skill in this area. I am impressed!