Wednesday, January 14, 2009

t.p.



Toilet paper in Russia is different than toilet paper in the states... it's not bright white or soft, it doesn't have perforated lines for tearing, and it's not very absorbant. Above is what a normal piece looks like. (kind of like material from a brown paper bag) Amazingly, as time goes on, I kind of like it better than American toilet paper. I can't really explain why, I just do. I like how you can buy one roll and it lasts forever. And somehow it works better. Most of the time.



Most rolls don't have a whole in the center for hanging on a rod. When you get to the end of the roll, it often comes in funny shapes like above. Some are really wild like the picture below:



And here's our curious George playing with t.p. (Those are pants on her head.)

The roll just kept going and going and going....

7 comments:

gp said...

same in china!! - i know what you're talking about :) but actually in china you CAN find the american kind too...

Anonymous said...

And at the end of the blog the tp post made sense. I was thinking...seriously...she's blogging about toilet paper?! Anneka looks like quite the "trouble maker." we have one of those, too! Ours also likes toilet paper, but we don't really let her play with it. We are a mean set of parents. :)

anita

This Is The Day said...

Haha, Anneka looks very pleased with herself! Kariya has just discovered toliet paper and I have a couple good pictures of it. :P

Angela said...

I am so glad you are starting to like it, b/c as soon as I saw your post I thought...oh no! That was what we meant to fit into your Christmas package and forgot!!! (though I am not sure how we would have done it) Still, one 'nice' roll for 'those times' would be a good idea, if anyone else is reading this :)...

P.S.
I love how frequently you guys update us- thanks!

Anonymous said...

I feel so greatful from the package of Charmin Ultra that I just bought... Its so soft. I love the pics of Anneka, they make me laugh, and it looks like she is having SO much fun! Thanks for all the updates!

Erin Young

Anonymous said...

you're hillarious, thanks for making me smile!

Anonymous said...

Fun times!

Btw, Anneka looks so tall in the one picture--compared to the table behind her, which I assume is at waist height. :)
~Cheryl