Yes, that's right. Leif and his friends, Sasha, Dennis, and Vasia are creating and practicing a song in Buryat style. They're preparing to be able to sing it as at an outreach in February during the Buryat New Year, "Sagaalgan". The words of the song talk about how God can make us whiter than snow. This is especially appropriate as the whole month is known as "white month". People eat white foods and attempt to purify themselves. Of course God is the only One who can really purify us.
Leif is the throat singer of the group. It's so funny. And fun. And great. Hopefully I can get a little video snippet of them sometime.
Yesterday, Anneka and I spent the morning with friends and she catnapped on the bus ride back. I knew that a 24 minute nap was not enough for her for the day, so I put her in her crib after we'd been home for about an hour. She talked happily from her bed and after awhile it sounded like her voice was coming from a different place. I stood outside her door, listening, and she slid a book under the door. She'd escaped! Leif and I both went in there and our little monkey had pushed off of the wall with her feet, sliding her crib across the room next to the other bed. Then she climbed out of her crib, onto the other bed, and down. I suppose this is more comforting than her falling out onto the hard floor, but it makes me wonder if this will become a new problem we have to deal with. Funny girl. This picture was taken after the "incident". Leif was showing Anneka how to go to sleep, but she just wanted to play!
7 comments:
What a resourceful girl! So fun to hear your stories--it makes it feel as though you're not so far away! Keep warm this month!!! :) LE and fam
Oh, you might be in trouble...I'm thinking she will "escape" again now that she knows she can!! :0) Luckily she didn't end up like Kate--remember the first time she climbed out of her crib she fell and broke her arm! NO fun!
Once they learn how to climb out of cribs it makes napping VERY interesting!! (I think she is very clever pushing herself over near the other bed!!) What a smart little girl you have!!
I love reading your stories!! Love, Judy
that is so funny that your little girl was able to figure out how to do that!! she's a smart one :)
She is SOOOOO beautiful!!!
Joyelle was a monkey too. We got a mesh crib tent, and it worked wonders. They are light and easy to pack in a suitcase or something, so maybe someone could bring one over for you! It cost about $40, but it was probably one of the best baby items ever purchased! They have them on Amazon.com and at Babies R Us, I think, if you are ever interested. Have fun with you monkey! She is adorable!
Oh Anneka what a clever little cutie you are. Your Daddy was smart, too, and not to fond of sleeping through naps. And Leif so you're perfecting the throat singing--wow! Your stories are so wonderful to read and see. I pray God continues to allow to you share his wonderful love with you as you do with others. God bless you all, Grand Mama Irene
That's funny! Anneka's definitely going to try that crib-bouncing thing again. : ) I'm glad there's a bed in her room to land on. : )
Post a Comment