The English camp turned out really well. The teachers all did a really good job, and the students had a lot of fun. There wasn't a huge turnout, but it enabled us to really connect with those who did come.
Anneka did really well this week. Heidi watched her at our house one day and came to the camp to watch her another day. And then the other days, I pushed Anneka in her stroller to get her to sleep and parked her in the coat closet during the lesson time. She liked socializing with everyone during the other parts of the camp.
On Russian Christmas (Jan. 7th) we decorated cookies. Everyone had a lot of fun and we gifted (and re-gifted) cookies to others.
Several people were so proud of their cookies that they came up and asked me to take their picture with their creation.
There were a lot of great skits at the camp- some funny, some language-oriented, and some really powerful spiritual ones. Zhenya shared about Christ each day and the response was positive.
One day I prayed that God would show us a little glimpse of the fruit he was producing and one of the girls asked if she could start coming to the church's youth club. It's a small thing, but I know it was an answer to that prayer, and we can trust that God did far greater things in people's hearts.
4 comments:
So glad to hear you had such an enjoyable and encouraging time- I am always excited to see an 'update' posted on your blog- may your work...and your lives...continue to be blessed. We love you!
Hey, what a nice post. I would so like to have one of the Cookie-pic's for my blog. Would you send one to me??
Inka
I love the picture of Matthew!!
I love the picture of Matthew!!
Post a Comment