We just got back from a week near Krasnayarsk, another Siberian city that is a 26 hour train ride to the west of us. It was a great conference where we were challenged to remember that the theme of the Bible is the glory of our great God! To put anything else ahead of that is wrong. I was particularly challenged by how I want to do that, but in my own strength I cannot do this. I can only bring glory to God through Him working in and through me. I am so glad that He is gracious and merciful, quick to forgive and full of love. In addition we were reminded about God's desire for all nations to love and praise Him, and that this has been His desire from the beginning of time. It is a challenge to put our focus on the whole world and not just on the little things that we are doing here. Please join us in praying for all that God is doing across the globe and not to put what He is doing locally above the rest.
Monday, September 01, 2008
Siberia family conference
We just got back from a week near Krasnayarsk, another Siberian city that is a 26 hour train ride to the west of us. It was a great conference where we were challenged to remember that the theme of the Bible is the glory of our great God! To put anything else ahead of that is wrong. I was particularly challenged by how I want to do that, but in my own strength I cannot do this. I can only bring glory to God through Him working in and through me. I am so glad that He is gracious and merciful, quick to forgive and full of love. In addition we were reminded about God's desire for all nations to love and praise Him, and that this has been His desire from the beginning of time. It is a challenge to put our focus on the whole world and not just on the little things that we are doing here. Please join us in praying for all that God is doing across the globe and not to put what He is doing locally above the rest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well said. No greater prayer for such a time as this. Global challenges spiritually, but our God is great-bigger! Prayers for your continued strength, faithfulness, health, and wisdom. We love you guys.
I'm glad you guys had a good, refreshing time! I love the picture of Jami and Anneka! Too cute!
Post a Comment