Monday, September 22, 2008

Fun Faces










Often I try to take Anneka's picture when she's engaged in something, but then she'll see that I have the camera and get up really close right before I snap the picture. She's just so curious.

Anneka speaks more Russian that she does English. (of course, she only says a few words, so this isn't a staggering statistic). I'm sure this ratio will change shortly.

Last week we only had a couple of things "planned" (on the calendar) and were wondering what we were going to do with ourselves. But it was so crazy/interesting how SO many last minute things came up every day. It turned out to be a very full week! Leif and I talked about this later and were reminded that it's very cultural in Russia to have a freer schedule and to do things more last minute. We realized that we want to be available for opportunities that we wouldn't have if we plan out every second (a very American tendency). So we're going try to be more deliberate about not "planning" as much and trusting God to bring to us what He has for us.

5 comments:

Cyndi Mulligan said...

I love that you keep your blog updated! I'm going to forward it to Lucy MonteCalvo--I think she'll enjoy it as much as we do! We love you guys & are praying for you.

Angela said...

what Russian words is anneka saying? I see Dr. S next Friday and I am going to bring your most recent newsletter to her, because I think she would love to see what you are up to...and how Anneka is growing!!! We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

ahhh...what sweet photos. Anneka looks like she must be a riot--and a sweetheart. Of course, with parents like you guys, it couldn't be any other way. :)

anita

Anonymous said...

Really Anneka is cute.. keep updating

Anonymous said...

funny, i have lots of pics of evie like this too. anneka is sooo cute!