On the other side of the outhouse at church are some pigs. I always think it's funny to go to the bathroom to the sound of oinks and grunts. I wanted to take a picture of the pigs today, but it was impossible to catch them on camera through the fence. So I took a picture of the outhouse instead. Whenever Americans come to Siberia, they take pictures of the outhouses. I'm not sure why, but this made me realize that perhaps you would want to see inside an outhouse. This is a very nice (well-kempt) one. There are two holes- one on either side of the divider... so you can take a friend with you if you want. I'm sure it'll be a challenge when Anneka is at the age where she's out of diapers but toddling. I may just have to hold her over the hole. Leif wouldn't let me post a picture of the outhouse from the college we helped at last year. He said it was just too gross. I think he's probably right. He's pretty wise.
Speaking of my husband, he's been taking such good care of me this last week. I've had a cold for seven weeks now! For the first few weeks it wasn't a big deal and I had energy. And then Anneka was sick and I was worried about her. But then I got pretty miserable. I've been on antibiotics for a week now. I think I'm getting better because my fever is gone and instead of feeling fatigued, I just feel normal-tired. My cough is still very strong and I have a really sore throat. But I do think I'm on the road to health. I pray. I appreciate your prayers, too. I'm sick of being sick.
The picture of Leif through the little window is often the view I have at church. I always start out in the main room with everyone, but usually Anneka starts making very loud squeals and gets really active after 30 minutes or so. So then we move into the kitchen that has this window, where I can see and hear through.
5 comments:
I'm not sure what to think when my wife writes a blog titled "Here, piggy, piggy!" and then shows a picture of me!?!
That outhouse reminds me of the one at camp on Lake Azas. Do you remember that one, Jami? :)
Gus, is it because you can eat like one?!?
Haha, I like Leif's comment. :) It is interesting how in some respects it seems like you have all the modern conveniences, but in others it is so different from what we are used to.
The toilets in Japan were like this, except porcelein and modern. I always had a hard time of it and searched until I found a McDonalds with an American toilet! Was I spoiled or what? The logistics of squatting with pants on always just stymied me...
Post a Comment