We went to a BBQ at some friends' house the other night and had shashleek. This is like a big pork kabob, roasted over a fire. It's very delicious. The guys hung out and roasted the meat and shot a matchbox on a fence with something like a bee-bee gun (how do you spell that?) The girls hung out in the kitchen and cut up veggies and bread and cheese. It's funny because I've been really careful to give Anneka one new food every 3-4 days (so we'll know what she's allergic to if she has a reaction). Well, I'd just started her on eggs, which is one of the potentially more allergenic foods. And while we were there, a lady gave Anneka a big piece of bread to gnaw on. And then later another lady gave her a hunk of cheese. Eggs, wheat, and milk products all on the same day... oh well. What can you do but pray?
We got lab results back from Moscow and one of the cultures showed that I have haempohilus influenzae. I've still been achey and tired since we've been back, and the doc in Moscow wanted me to start on another antibiotic today. So, prayerfully I'll be at 100% soon! We have camp next week, and I really want to go. And I really want to be WELL and rested. I probably shouldn't have gone to the BBQ because Anneka and I didn't get home until 11:00 and Leif stayed to do a banya (a bath/sauna combo) and didn't get home until 2:00... and I couldn't sleep until he got home. So all I plan on doing the next couple of days is resting and drinking lots of water. This afternoon I watched a movie while Anneka slept on me. It was really nice. Leif is sharing at church on Sunday(so has been preparing a lot for that) and is planning tons for the camp... and taking on a lot more at home. He's a super star. He needs your prayers, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment