Monday, June 30, 2008

We're Off To Camp!


We're leaving in the morning for English camp. So far, only 15 students have signed up for sure and we were hoping for at least 70. We know that it can still be an amazing time and that hearts are more important than numbers. We appreciate your prayers!

A team of four Americans from California came to help and teach English at the camp (pictured right). Also, Danae (far left) is here for the summer as an intern to help out and Justin (far back)is here for a year as an intern.

Yesterday was a briefing time for the team. I made dinner for everyone after the meeting. Leif was SO nice and made some spaghetti sauce the night before. It's funny because I was a little prideful and thought, "I can do this, you don't need to do this" and then before the meeting, he got fruits and veggies all washed and began cutting them and again I thought, "He doesn't need to do this". But let me tell you, with a very busy baby in someone else's kitchen, I was extremely grateful for his preparations!!

I'm better each day, and I've prayed and decided that going to camp is a better option than staying here. My biggest concern is not having drinking water, but I really feel that God wants me to trust that He'll provide this, so that's what I'm doing. We'll fill you in when we get back!!

1 comment:

DouloScott said...

Enjoy English camp, I know what an amazing time that can be for ministry. I am praying for you all.

Happy 4th of July!!!

Love the three of you.