Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Our Visas Came!!!


The doorbell rand today, and we were shocked and happily surprised to see the FedEx man at the door, delivering our visas! I would have hugged him had he not already been walking away. I'm sure FedEx workers meet a lot of either really happy or really angry people.

So now our biggest obstacle is packing. There's so much stuff you need for a baby- especially when you're factoring clothes for the next couple of years and she grows so fast! We found out today that even if there's an empty seat next to us on the plane we can't put a car seat there. And the car seat will cost $137 to check. Oh, brother. Basically we just need it for transporting between airports in Moscow, so we're looking into finding a taxi that comes with a car seat. I hope there is one because that'll be one less thing to carry.

Thank you for your prayers! We definitely feel surrounded!

11 comments:

DouloScott said...

PRAISE the LORD!!! Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

That's great! Now for a big adventure. Travelling with baby.:) You're in my prayers.
Hugs,
Elaine

Anonymous said...

i'm glad they visas arrived! love you guys and i miss you already.

praying,
stephanie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen said...

Woo-Hoo!!!!
We're so happy for you guys!
Safe travels!
XOXO,
The Sniders

Amy... said...

Jamie, sorry I wasn't able to see you guys at small group last week. I heard this it was really great! I've enjoyed seeing you all around and getting to know you a little bit. I will be sure to check this blog for updates.

Also, I still have your t-shirt...would you like me to send it to your parent's house?

Anonymous said...

Yay! Safe travels! We love you guys!
kadie and josh

Anonymous said...

Hi Gustafsons in Siberia, it's Smith in Seattle.

I miss you already! Hopefully you made it already....how long does it take exactly to get to Siberia?

Give Anneka a smooch for me and please post your needs as soon as you get a moment.

Did I tell you that I miss you already?

Angela said...

We have been praying for you and thinking of you, especially these past two days...you are loved!

Ashley L. said...

Praying for you guys! By the time you check your blog, you will likely be back in your home. How did the trip go? Did you stop along the way? I am praying that you guys get some good time to rest and adjust to life back in Russia. Knowing how much of a challenge it is to travel with kiddos, I want to honestly congratulate you on making it through! It is a HUGE achievement! I would give you an award if I could!