My mom and I have been in a Bible study on the book of Daniel since September. One of the blessings in our having to be in the States through February is that I get to be there until the last day of the study! Yesterday the women from the Bible study got together and made baby quilts for a crisis nursery in Spokane. It was really fun to have the time together. I'd never made a quilt before (except for one for my cat, Dorothy, when I was about 12). I felt quite proud of myself!
On another note, our letters of invitation are in route from Siberia to the States right now! If all goes smoothly, we should get them just in time to get our visas (hopefully with a day to spare!) We joke that no matter how much time you give, visas always come the day before (or the day of!) departure. Please pray that there will be no hangups with this. Also, as I write, Leif's mom is in the Seattle airport, waiting for her plane to be fixed before she comes to visit us one last time. I had forgotten about the reality of late flights until her call, and then I started thinking about how all 5 of our flights are back-to-back to get to Ulan Ude. So then I started worrying a little about that. I know, I'm not supposed to worry. But please pray, too, that we won't have any delays as we fly home. One delay could cause having to buy all new tickets and being stuck at any number of airports around the world for a day. No fun.
1 comment:
Post a Comment