Tuesday, June 05, 2007

In Germany Without A Camera Cord

Hello from Germany! SEND has a Eurasia area conference every three years... and this time it happens to be in Germany. It was wonderful because my mom and her friend, Jean, were able to come the week before the conference, and we spend time together, seeing the country and catching up on each others' lives. It was sad to say goodbye!

I'd love to post some pics, but we didn't bring our camera cord (and we haven't had internet access). I can't get over how green everything is. It's funny because we thought Ulan Ude was getting green right before we left... but it is NOTHING compared to Germany!!

At the conference it's been great to get good Bible teaching in English and to meet other missionaries from Russia, Ukraine, and Kazakstan. Yesterday, we went to the town of Hamlin and saw an enactment of the pied piper. (Hamlen is the town this fairy tale comes from). We've also met other missionaries with new babies or who are pregnant, too. We've picked their brains about the process of getting papers, passport, and visa after the birth.

We'll post some pictures in a few days!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, how we would love to be there and introduce you to our church and so on ...

Isn't it funny. Our son was in Croatia and will be in Bulgaria ... maybe even Turkey ... before he will see his "homecountry". But I guess it will never be his home like it is ours ...

Anonymous said...

BTW ... there should be a student who can help you with the cable ... or Anita ;)

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad you got to see your mom! What a blessing. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Kadie was right. It was such a blessing to
share time together in Germany! What great memories we share! Love, mama Linda

Anonymous said...

I love that you get to travel around, and it is especially neat that you went to Germany! My birthplace. I love it there--and it IS so green!! I am glad you rmom got to come visit as well. I bet a great many (happy) tears were shed, lol. :o)