Here's a picture of our team from the conference in Germany. It was neat to have everyone there (of course, it's sad not having Dwight and Joyce as a part of our team anymore). I like our team more and more all the time. Don't get me wrong, I liked them at the beginning, too... but I like them even more now that I'm getting to know them more. I find that my personality is "slow-to-warm-up" and it's hard for me to instantly feel close to people. I think I can even seem cold at first. It's not something I'm really proud of, but I guess the good part is that people have to like a less "likeable" me to begin with and then they're happily surprised later.
Right now, Leif's at a conference for 3 days to plan for summer camps. Our Russian pastor is the one heading it up. The meetings go from 8:oo in the morning until midnight!! No joke. I wasn't invited to this conference. I'm not really sure why (because my language isn't as good? because I'm pregnant?). But trust me, I'm not sad about this one! I'm praying that this will be a good time for Leif to connect deeper with people here and to grow in his language skills. I'm also praying that God will give him incredible energy. A conference like that sounds exhausting in English... how much more in Russian!!
1 comment:
Jami! You look so adorable with your little pregnant belly!! Can't wait to see you! Love, Rachel
Post a Comment