This August we celebrated 90 years of our little church's mother church being here! It was an all-day affair, with people from all over the region coming to celebrate, perform, and share stories and words of encouragement. It was also on the tail of a new room being added to this church building. Up to right before the celebration, they were putting in the sink in the bathroom. This is the first bathroom the church has had in 90 years! I heard one lady said "Finally! A Toilet! We waited 90 years for this!" =)
There was a time when the elderly were honored and shared memories of the church from their younger years. And there was a bounty of amazing music from many participants. I (Jami) got to sing an old gospel song with some fellow teammates. It was very fun! Our whole team also sang a song together in English, German, and Russian. It was a special moment for me as I looked out at all of the people and realized how much they love us and we love them.
And then, near the end of the song, Ike came running up the middle aisle, straight to me. He whispered in my ear that a dog had bitten him. At the time, I wasn't sure which dog, as there were dozens of kids playing outside and a few dogs. I asked a nurse from the church, and she suggested we take Ike in to urgent care, just in case. So even though it was just a little bite (and later we found out it was the church dog who had been eating and probably just didn't want Ike and his buddy hanging too close), he was treated a round of anti-rabies shots.
We were only gone a little over an hour and had plenty of time to enjoy the rest of the festivities with everyone!
Over the next week, Ike and I made little dates out of our trips to get his shots. We both loved the time and counted it a blessing! We were also required to fill out a police report and to have the church dog tested by a veterinarian. Thankfully, that was all very smooth and the church dog is healthy. Something that could have been really awful turned into a gift! =)


2 comments:
How blessed that you can see God's blessing in the trials (dog bite). Also so glad to hear about you using your gift of singing (Jodi would be so proud). How wonderful to get the churches together for this special celebration and lovely to have the indoor toilet. God bless you, hugs, Mama Irene
So sorry to hear about the dog bite! I know how fun that is. I got a nasty one in Moscow a few years ago. Not fun at all. We'll pray for Ike!
Post a Comment